2024/03/05

Summer

Another summer has finally passed. Blazing sun, unbearable heat and little else. 



Araucana Chicken. With little else to take pictures of in the summer I tried my hand at some portraits of the local livestock.













One small bit of news I do have, after all: I am now a resident of New Zealand. This means I now have free choice of employer and place to live as well as unlimited access to educational and medical facilities. All things I didn't have for almost 10 years. I'm curious to see what comes of all this newfound freedom... 
There is, however, a slight proviso on the "unlimited" access to medical facilities: As it turns out any medical professional of any description seems to be booked out for years to come and the majority refuse point blank to admit new patients. And the emergency department at the hospital was completely overrun when I stopped by the hospital for some immigration related paperwork... I did hear about a nurses strike some time back, but little did I know just in how deep of a crisis the medical system is in New Zealand... 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment